We are in the process of making some changes to our Good Neighbor Day program to find ways to be even more efficient and give the best customer service to our residents. We’ve always held the event at the Bellaire Shopping Center, but based on feedback at neighborhood meetings during Sustainability Planning and limited parking due to new businesses, we have coordinated with Republic Services to offer additional curbside pickup days. Future pick-up dates will be advertised as they are scheduled.
You can leave your bulky or green waste items at your curb, and just make sure that loose items are bundled or containerized.
On the second Saturday of February through November from 7 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., you can take your non-hazardous items to Republic Service’s Arlington Landfill. It is located at 800 Mosier Valley Rd.
We appreciate your patience as we work to enhance this program. Continue to look for updates on future Good Neighbor Days on social media, our website and Where We Live magazine.
The following items are accepted for these two pick up dates:
- Any non-hazardous bulk items such as scrap metal, loose brush, old fencing material or other debris (no commercial)
- Electronic equipment recycling including computers, TVs, DVD players and cell phones
Items not accepted
- Tires & explosives
- Construction materials, such as shingles and sheet rock
- No more than six (6) fence panels will be accepted, unless a fence permit is shown for the address
- Brick and rock need to be containerized
- Compressed gas
- Pharmaceuticals or sharps