The City of Hurst Water Division shall insure that the Hurst water supply meets or exceeds all Federal Safe Drinking Water Standards and other regulations and orders; shall provide a sufficient volume of water to meet the daily needs and desires of the City of Hurst Community; and shall maintain a dependable and uninterrupted water delivery service under adequate pressures while maintaining the Superior Water System Rating as issued by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
The City of Hurst Water Division continually strives to improve the production and distribution system by utilizing trained, knowledgeable personnel who provide the highest level of customer service as well as system maintenance and repair operations.
The current service levels for this division include:
- The maintenance, repair and operation of approximately 205 miles of water lines
- The maintenance, repair and replacement of 1,236 fire hydrants
- The maintenance, operation repair and replacement of 4,633 water system valves
- The servicing, testing, repair and replacement of 12,100 water meters and 16,461 connections
- The maintenance, service and operation of 10 ground storage tanks with a capacity of 8.3 million gallons
- The maintenance, servicing and operation of 3 elevated storage tanks with a capacity of 2.75 million gallons
- The monitoring and operation of 2 water supply connections with the City of Fort Worth
- The maintenance, servicing and operation of 6 City owned water wells, 3 full seasonal operation and 3 emergency water supply connections.
Download the Annual Water Quality Report - Reporting Year 2018
NLC Service Line Warranty Program
The City Of Hurst is notifying residents of a program provided through the National League of Cities (NLC) Service Line Warranty Program administered by Service Line Warranties of America (SLWA). This program offers a warranty to homeowners that covers repairs or replacements on the outside water and sewer line that runs from the home to the point of utility responsibility. For more information on this program or to enroll, please visit SLWA's web site at www.SLWofA.com.
Director of Utilities
|Public Works Operations
2001 Precinct Line Road
Hurst, Texas 76054