The best advice we can give to you is to prepare, prepare, prepare! Each step of the process is critically important to identifying the next Hurst Police Officer.
Here are some preparation tips:
- Standout from the group for the right reasons. Demonstrate Honesty, Respect, Dedication, Teamwork, Professionalism, and a Positive Attitude.
- Know why you want to be a Police Officer, and how your skills, knowledge, abilities, and competencies equip you to be a successful Police Officer.
- Know your potential employer. We invite you to learn more about the City of Hurst by browsing our website, www.hursttx.gov.
- Read and follow all instructions. The application and Personal History Statement must be complete. Give attention to detail, be thorough, and provide neat work.
- Be on time, even early. Applicants arriving late at the exam site will be unable to take the exam in accordance with City of Hurst Civil Service Rules and Procedures.
- Communicate effectively. Hurst Police Officers use verbal and written communication skills daily. Each part of the screening process gives you an opportunity to show off your communication skills.
- Tell the truth. Honesty reflects integrity, and integrity is the cornerstone of the work we do for our citizens.
- Listen well. When asked questions during interviews feel free to pause before answering. It gives you time to formulate a thoughtful, concise response.
- Use the tools available to you. Several resources are referenced on the Police Careers Page.
You can be the best-prepared candidate!