Tarrant County offers a housing repair program for Tarrant County residents living outside the boundaries of the Cities of Fort Worth, Arlington and Grand Prairie.
The housing rehabilitation program is funded through the Community Development Block Grant and the HOME Investment Partnership Program. Both are Federal Block Grants from HUD administered by the Tarrant County Community Development and Housing Division. The City of Hurst participates in this program by providing a match amount to the repairs.
Types of Eligible Repair
Program Eligibility Requirements:
To be eligible to participate in this program, you must meet the following qualifications:
- have an annual income below the HUD established income limits;
- own your home (place of residence for at least one year);
- have no more than two liens placed against the property;
- must meet at least one of the following criteria;
- disabled (receiving Social Security Disability)
- 62 years of age or older
- family with dependent children living at home under the age of 18
For more information about this program or to apply, please call Tarrant County Community Development Division at 817-850-7940.