The issuance of a permit at the above mentioned address for the Operation of a Mobile Food Units shall comply with the following requirements set forth as conditions of the permit. Until all requirements herein are fulfilled, permits will not be issued.
Provide proof of the following when applying for a Mobile Food Establishment permit in the City of Hurst. If any of the items below are missing from your application packet, your permit will not be issued.
- If your mobile food establishment is required to have a Type I hood, you will be required to have an inspection from the Fire Marshal’s office prior to approval. Contact the Fire Marshal’s office at 817-788-7240.
- A UL300 compliant Type I hood with a current inspection tag is required over griddles, fryers, broilers, ovens, ranges, and wok ranges. Date of Last Inspection:
- Proper fire extinguishers with a current inspection tag – one 2A:10BC and one “K” Class (for units that produce grease laden vapors while cooking)
- Current Vehicle License Plate and Registration information.
- Proof of Financial Responsibility (Insurance)
** 609.2 International Fire Code Adopted Amendment. A Type I hood shall be installed at or above all commercial cooking appliances and domestic cooking appliances used for commercial purposes that produce grease vapors, including but not limited to cooking equipment used in fixed, mobile, or temporary concessions, such as trucks, buses, trailers, pavilions, or any form of roofed enclosure, as required by the fire code official.
**Inspection of your mobile food unit is required prior to the date of the event. Please arrange to have your vehicle inspected by the Fire Prevention Division several days in advance in order to obtain a permit. Permits must be displayed on the mobile food unit on the day(s) of the event. Failure to display the permit will require you to remove your unit from the event property.