- Date: 06/01/2019 7:30 AM
- Location: Central Aquatics Center
715 Mary Dr
Hurst, Texas 76053
The Healthy Hurst Initiative was started as a way to bring awareness and education about fitness and living a healthy lifestyle to Hurst and it's surrounding communities! In an effort to include our youth population in that endeavor, we have created the Kid's Triathlon Event!
The event will be held on June 1 in and around the Central Aquatics Center. Check in will begin at 7:30 am, with the first age group beginning at 8:00 am. The Race will consist of a bike, run, and slide component.
Ages 5-8 will BIKE 2 miles, RUN .5 miles, and SLIDE into the pool!
Ages 9-12 will BIKE 4 miles, RUN 1 mile, and SLIDE into the pool!
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals for boys/girls in each age group will be awarded. Medaling age groups are broken up into 5-6 year olds, 7-8 year olds, and 9-12 year olds.
Registration begins April 22! Early Bird Registration (April 22 - May 12): $10 General Registration (May 13 - 29): $15
Late Registration (May 30-31): $25 Registration closes May 31 at 4:00 pm.
NO onsite event day registration.
Register online HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/healthy-hurst-kids-triathlon-tickets-60536835304 **cc processing fees will be incurred if registered online***
You may also register in person at the Hurst Recreation Center (700 Mary Drive, Hurst, 76053).
Important rules to note:
- A helmet must be worn throughout the entirety of the bike component.
- No training wheels may be used for the bike component.
- Closed toed athletic shoes must be worn for the Bike and Run components.
- An adult must be present with the competing child to assist with the bike to run and run to slide transitions.
- Shorts WITHOUT ZIPPERS must be worn to avoid damage to the slide.
Some things to remember:
- Sandals should be brought to wear after the slide component.
- Bring a towel, water bottle, and sunblock.
For questions or more information, please call 817.788.7320.
Space is limited!