We're working for you!
To help our citizens better understand the various city divisions we will be featuring them here. Each month a new division(s) will be introduced here.
We are excited to share what we do with the citizens of Hurst!
PUBLC WORKS - Service Center
Did You Know?
- The Public Works SCADA Center answers calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 90% of City of Hurst water is supplied by the City of Fort Worth while 10% is supplied by city-owed water wells
- There is a Traffic Safety Commission that meets as needed to discuss traffic safety concerns around the city
- One operator mechanically sweeps every street a minimum of four times a year
- The Streets Division asphalt overlays 12 residential streets and 2 thoroughfares (with County assistance) annually
- The Water Utilities personnel collects over 2,800 water samples each year to assure the delivery of safe drinking water