We're working for you!
To help our citizens better understand the various city divisions we will be featuring them here. Each month a new division(s) will be introduced here.
We are excited to share what we do with the citizens of Hurst!
Fleet and Warehouse Services
Did You Know Fleet & Warehouse Services?
- Has a staff of one Manager, mechanic supervisor, three mechanics, a fleet and warehouse assistant, and one part-time clerk
- Serviced 272 vehicles and equipment last year
- Performed 1,349 repairs
- Replaced 16 vehicles/equipment
- Maintains stock for the repair and upkeep of the city's water and sewer lines, safety supplies, janitorial supplies, and well as a number of commodities used by city staff
- Serves as the centralized warehouse function for all city departments
- Stocks over 500 distinct items for use throughout the city with a total inventory of 9,200
- Their inventory is valued at $175,000
- Handles the auction of city surplus for all city departments
- Handles maintenance of all generators for all city departments
- Maintains fuel island for all city equipment
Hurst on the Job archive