The "Good Neighbor" FAQ page answers the most frequently asked questions about Hurst's building and property ordinances. Please use it to make sure that your property is in compliance, and that you are doing your part to be a good neighbor.
Check out the Good Neighbor FAQ page.
GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD DAY 2017
April 22 and 29, 2017
7 a.m. to noon
Bellaire Shopping Center
Pipeline Road at Brown Trail
Household hazardous waste & debris - Free residential clean up; NO commercial drop off
In an effort to reduce trash and debris in our neighborhoods, you are invited to bring any of the following items:
- Any non-hazardous bulk items such as scrap metal, loose brush, old fencing material or other debris (no commercial)
- Household hazardous waste material such as oil, chemicals and paint
- Documents for shredding - 5 box limit. Boxes no larger than 15x12x10. Limited space. First come, first served
- Electronic equipment recycling including computers, TVs, DVD players and cell phones
- Hurst PD will be accepting gun ammunition
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
- Tires & explosives
- Construction materials, such as shingles and sheet rock
- No more than six (6) fence panels will be accepted, unless a fence permit is shown for the address
- Brick and rock need to be containerized
- Compressed gas
- Pharmaceuticals or sharps
Any Hurst resident can participate with photo identification and proof of residency, such as a recent water bill.
** There will be no collection if it is raining