The Hurst Fire Department typically tests once a year for fire fighter positions.
Click to subscribe for email notification when testing is open.
To take our test you must be certified (or licensed) as a Texas Department State Health Services EMT-P or currently attending a paramedic school that will complete within the specified time listed on the examination notice.
Fire Fighter Exam Notification
Applicants for the position of Firefighter must first take and pass an entrance examination and be placed on an eligibility list to be
considered for the position of Firefighter. The Notice of Civil Service Examination and the Firefighter Job Posting are provided below:
NOTICE OF CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION
City of Hurst, TX (www.hursttx.gov) will be giving an entrance examination for Firefighter at 9:00 A.M. on Saturday, February 24, 2018, at the Hurst Justice Center, 825 Thousand Oaks Drive, Hurst, TX 76054.
Minimum Requirements are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 35
- Certified or licensed as a Paramedic by the Texas Department of State Health Services or have a National Registry Paramedic Certification. At the time of entrance examination, applicants must provide evidence of Certification (or Licensure) by the Texas Department of State Health Services or National Registry Paramedic Certification. Current Paramedic students anticipating graduation in May 2018 or who have a course completion certificate will be allowed to take the test; they will not be eligible for hire until they have met the State of Texas certification/licensure requirements.
- Honorable discharge, if served in the military
- Vision of 20/40 or better, corrected to 20/20 with no color blindness
- Required to become certified as a structural fire fighter by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Pass physical agility test given by Tarrant County College within the six months prior to appointment or within 90 days of being appointed
- In addition to above minimum requirements, must:
- Pass written examination
- Pass a background check
- Pass an Oral Review Board
- Pass a polygraph examination
- Pass a medical examination with drug screen
► APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 4 P.M. ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2018◄
The eligibility list created as a result of this entrance examination will be effective for 12 months from the date of the written examination or until exhausted.
If you would like to receive notification of future Fire Fighter Entry Examinations, please click here to provide your contact information.
Contact the Fire Department
|2100 Precinct Line Road
Hurst, Texas 76054
|David Palla, Fire Chieffirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brent Craft, Assistant Fire Chiefemail@example.com|
|Matt Easter, Battalion Chief/Fire Marshalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wes Rippy, EMS Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Camron Flynn, Inspectorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Patty Gurley, Administrative Secretaryemail@example.com|