- Alliance with R.A.C.E.S.
- American Red Cross Disaster Services: Community Preparedness Resources
- Emergency Preparedness Guide [PDF]
- Outdoor Warning Sirens
- Severe Weather Information
- Special Needs Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Disaster Preparedness for Pets
KnowWhat2Do [Emergency Preparedness Website for North Texas]
The North Central Texas area emergency management agencies have collaborated to develop a new disaster preparedness program - KnowWhat2Do - specifically for our citizens. Citizens will be able to gather information on emergency preparedness and request literature to help them be more prepared. Visit the site.
New KnowWhat2Do American Sign Language videos with narration in English, Spanish and Vietnamese.
At a minimum you should have: 1. A way to be warned of impending weather (NOAA All Hazards Radio is the best). 2. A plan where to locate in your house during a severe weather event. 3. A communications plan. 4. And three days of food/water/medications, flashlights and a battery powered tv or radio.
Reasons Outdoor Warning Sirens are Activated:
- The National Weather Service issues a Tornado Warning or Severe Thunderstorm Warning with the phrase "Destructive winds in excess of 70 mph (or higher) are likely with this storm" for your immediate area. A community existing in multiple counties should pay close attention to the warning area.
- Trained spotters have reported a tornado in the jurisdiction, or in a neighboring jurisdiction that has the potential to affect your community. (Each community should determine satisfactory methods for verifying tornado activity reports).
- Reported hail of 1.25" in diameter or greater. (1 inch may be more appropriate for areas or events where large numbers of people are outdoors)
- Other emergency as directed by the community's elected officials.
Contact the Fire Department
|2100 Precinct Line Road
Hurst, Texas 76054
|David Palla, Fire Chieffirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brent Craft, Assistant Fire Chief
|Wes Rippy, EMS Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Camron Flynn, Inspectorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Patty Gurley, Administrative Secretaryemail@example.com|