The City of Hurst collects data each time a visitor enters www.hursttx.gov or moves from one page to the next within the website. The information gathered is used for analysis and statistical purposes only and in no way points to individuals. The information gathered falls into the following categories:
- Date and time of visit
- Type and version of browser used
- Type of operating system used
- The webpage or services accessed
- Which URL was visited prior to coming to the City of Hurst website
- The Internet Protocol Address and domain name used. The Internet Protocol Address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer
The above information is used solely for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest to users determining technical design specifications, site traffic, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
The City of Hurst does not sell or lease personal information. Information submitted to the City of Hurst may be subject to the Texas Public Information Act and any applicable legislation. Information about the Texas Public Information Act is available from the office of the Texas Attorney General at https://www.oag.state.tx.us/open/index.shtml
The City of Hurst website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this website is strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
The City of Hurst reserves the right to change this policy at any time at its sole discretion and without notice.